Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Hills Are Alive

Last night I went to see The Sound of Music at the Biltmore Fashion Park’s Spring Movies in the Park with my friend Liz. The weather has been perfect lately, with highs in the mid-70’s and a light breeze. Well, last night was a little more than a light breeze. In fact, it got pretty windy, and I found myself wishing I was wearing more substantial shoes and a warm jacket. Needless to say, I wrapped up in a blanket the whole time, and the second I got in my car, I turned the heater on for the first time since February!

IMG_8158

I love The Sound of Music…it’s one of those movies that will never get old. I think Fraulein Maria and I have a lot in common, actually. You know when they sing the song, “How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?” Well, you could easily switch that to “How Do You Solve A Problem Like Kellie?” Now, I don’t exactly see myself falling in love with a naval captain with seven children, all of whom have perfect pitch (you really never know, though…) However, I can promise you that if I ever make it to the Austrian countryside, I will definitely twirl about and sing at the top of my lungs. You can count on it!

IMG_8159 
Lace top: Thrifted. Cardigan: Gap. Skirt: Old Navy. Leggings: Target. Sandals: Target

IMG_8161
Necklace: DIY {Tutorial found HERE!}

IMG_8165
Ring: Charlotte Russe

Don’t mind the band-aid…I got in a fight with my car door last week and it definitely won :/

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it! It's actually a size too big but I got it anyway because I just couldn't pass it up :)

      Delete