Monday, March 14, 2016

Casual Monday

Oh man, it's been quite a weekend.

See, the wind kicked up here in Phoenix on Friday night, and it blew all those lovely pollens around. Cut to me nursing an allergy-fueled headache and fighting a cold all weekend long.

So when it came time to wake up and get ready for work this morning, I was NOT feeling it.

My workplace doesn't have an official dress code, so my coworkers' attire can range from t-shirts and tennis shoes to button-downs and ties. I try to keep it on the business casual side, but today that was just not going to happen.



Button-down: Old Navy. Pants: Old Navy.

Lucky for me, I have a super cozy office, complete with a tea corner. So once I got to work and had a cup of rooibos tea, I was feeling a whole lot better. 

I know I said I wouldn't wear these pants in my next post, but...I was tired, and tired Kellie always wins the fight. At least I didn't wear lilac and navy this time!

Blouse: Target

Don't you love the detail in this embellished tank top? It's very art deco. Or is it art nouveau? Whatever it is, it's lovely. And--confession time here--I wore this to see 10 Cloverfield Lane last night with my boyfriend. There was a part that made me jump, and I spilled a little red gatorade (I super-hydrate when I'm trying not to get sick!) on it...but it seriously slid right off and didn't stain at all! Miracle fabric!!

Watch: Guess
Earrings: Forever 21
Shoes: Target



I really wanted to take a jumping picture, but it turned out to be...not so easy. I take these pictures with my camera on a ten-second delay, so figuring out the timing was hard enough...figuring out my face? Well...see for yourself:


Yeah, not my finest work.

But clearly I'm feeling a whole lot better...here's to a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment