Wednesday, March 21, 2012

All the World’s a Stage

Today has been quite a lovely day so far. I slept in, drank lots of coffee, and had lunch with a good friend of mine. Now I’m at home knitting and watching a documentary mini-series about Shakespeare. Ah, yes, relaxation at its finest!

IMG_8073 
While we’re on the subject of Shakespeare, how about I go all Linguistics-major on you and spout some facts? I’m reading a fascinating book called The Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson, which I would highly recommend to anybody interested in language. According to Bryson, “Shakespeare used 17,677 words in his writings, of which at least one tenth had never been used before…Consider the words that Shakespeare alone gave us, barefaced, critical, leapfrog, monumental, castigate, majestic, obscene, frugal, radiance, dwindle, countless, submerged, excellent, fretful, gust, hint, hurry, lonely, summit, pendant, and some 1,685 others.” [The Mother Tongue, p. 76] Yes, I’m well aware that this has absolutely nothing to do with my outfit, but my sister doesn’t like it when I spew these random facts at her, so this has to be my outlet!

IMG_8071 
Sweater: Target. Tank top: Target. Skirt: Old Navy. Necklace: Banana Republic.

IMG_8082 Bracelets: Forever 21. Scarf/Pashmina: Thrifted

IMG_8079 Shoes: Nine West.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I must get back to the Great Bard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment