Friday, March 2, 2012

Casual Friday

It was another weirdly windy day today, and I spent most of the early afternoon out and about, which meant I wore some warm, comfy clothes! I went with a friend to Ikea, which is a trek in and of itself as the nearest one is about a 30 minute drive away. I’m not sure why, but I am in love with Ikea. I refer to it as “The Disneyland of Home Furnishing” and I’ll never pass up an opportunity to go there!

IMG_7967 
(Like I said, it was windy…hence the funky hair.)

While we were browsing the showroom at Ikea, we found a display that was set up like an entire tiny apartment. It had the perfect decor and as I was admiring the cute little kitchen, a girl came up to me and said I looked right at home…and I felt right at home there! I think I could live in that showroom display in Ikea and be perfectly happy with it. Not sure where I’d have my mail sent, though…

Funny note: As I was taking the above picture, Lucky attempted to jump up on a windowsill and ended up rebounding off of it and landing on an overturned bucket. Oh, poor guy is clumsy, just like me!

IMG_7968
Shirt: Old Navy. Blazer: American Eagle. Jeans: Old Navy. Shoes: Target.

I have a long-term relationship with this blazer. I’ve had it since I was a freshman in high school, having bought it at American Eagle thinking it was the coolest thing ever. I kid you not—I’m wearing this jacket in my 9th grade yearbook picture. But then I got bored of it and eventually grew out of it and didn’t wear it for years, though I kept it just in case. I was going through the coat closet the other day looking for a different jacket when I found this, and to my delight it fits again! It’s soft corduroy and it’s light enough that it will be perfect in the springtime, and I think I have just the dress to wear it with, too!

IMG_7971
Scarf: Old Navy. Earrings: Charlotte Russe. Ring: Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment